Queen's Jubilee

Hello you!


It's been electric here in London these last few days because of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. This was a once in a lifetime event that brought the city to life (I can't wait for the Olympic Games!) and I just had to be part of it!


On the day of the Thames Pageant we stood for over 5 hours at the side of the river to get the best views of the day. We were so proud to be there, beside the London Eye and the Houses of Parliment, watching as all the boats went by. Below are some of my favourite pictures I captured that day.










We then watched the concert from home (after visiting Hyde Park first to see the action there) and yesterday we waited patiently for my favourite part. The Procession, The Balcony and the Fly Pass. 
We got up super early and made our way to The Mall (outside Buckingham Palace) where we set up our camping chairs and awaited The Queen - we were there for around 9 hours in all. Her Majesty and other members of the Royal Family went by in cars and then we were entertained by the guards and various bands. The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Afterwards, The Queen came past in her open top carriage followed by William, Kate and Harry in theirs. The crowds went wild!

When the cars and guards had made way, they opened up The Mall so that people could gather outside Buckingham Palace for a good view of the balcony. When the Queen came out the people around me went nuts and we all waved our flags until our arms hurt.

Then the planes and RAF Red Arrows flew overhead and the whole day could not have been more perfect. Here are some pictures I took:















It truly was an amazing experience to be there and soak up the electricity that was in the air over the weekend. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did and condolences to those that have to return to work today - I know how hard it is!


Thanks for viewing/reading and I'll post again soon!
Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn,

    Thanks for your post, I really enjoyed reading it! I think that the Jubilee was outstanding! I have real love for our little Queen. She really is a brave lady, and I loved the fact she is still wearing RED lipstick at 86! Amazing!

    I was in London for the events to - got SOAKED on Sunday! No wonder her poor husband ended up in hospital standing out in that ran at 91!!! I was quite pleasantly surprised at how my weekend went - I was dreading the travelling from my gorgeous serviced apartment in outer London to the middle of the action, especially on the tube (I cant stand it). I had also heard alot of bad stuff on the news about the district line, but managed all fine!

    Hopefully the Olympics will go that smoothly!! Although 4 weeks is alot longer than 4 days!!

    ReplyDelete